New Rear Marker Regulation VSB12 Overview
Effective 1st January 2021
- Class 2 Marker Plates will be discontinued.
- New heavy vehicles/trailers must display rear markers made of compliant materials from Class 400, Class 1A and UNECE 70 plates.
- Fitting of Class 2 plates are prohibited from 31st December 2020.
- Replacing your plates? You must use the new material and ensure all plates are of the same reflective classes.
- Class 2 plates currently displayed may be used until a replacement is required due to wear & tear, upon which the new material must be used.
Learn more from the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
Source: July 2020. VSB12 National Code Of Practice Rear Marking Plates. 2nd ed. PDF Australia: National Heavy Vehicle Regulator.
Download the Vehicle Sign range guide here.